6 Foods That Can Boost Your Memory
A strong memory depends on healthy and vitality of your brain. Whether you are a student or a working professional, there’s a lot of you can do to enhance your brain power.
Stay healthy, take proper meal and avoid street food.
There are some foods that may help you to boost your memory.
1. Salmon and other oily fish are rich in DHA, and omega–3 fatty acid that is essential for optimum brain performance and memory.
2. Vegetables especially broccoli, cabbage and dark leafy vegetables may help improve cognitive function and keep your memory sharp.
3. Eggs, lecithin, spirulina and wheat germ are sources of choline, an important nutrient required to produce acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in memory.
4. Nuts can improve heart functioning and having a good heart is linked to have a healthy brain. Several nutrients in nuts such as fats, anti-oxidants and vitamin – E help in boosting brain efficiency. Walnuts are good source of omega -3 fatty acids and also improve mental alertness.
5. Avocados contain vitamin K and Folate, it prevents blood clots in the brain as well as improve cognitive function, especially both memory and concentration.
6. Turmeric has potential to allow blood flow to your brain. Curcumin, an active ingredient of it, can cross the blood-brain barrier and can directly enter the brain and benefit the cells there. Proper blood flow determines your psychological health.